Quick Monday Morning Update

(Including early evening update.)
Sun's shining and I'd rather be looking ahead to a day of work in and around the house than the mountainous mess in the workplace, but except for the sunshine part that could be almost any Monday. All that sucked last week continues to do so this week and threatens to intensify if not this week then next, but we all have our problems. Knowing the problems faced by some of the readers I try to console myself; I wouldn't want to trade.

I don't know if it'll come to anything, but in an overnight email the ebay user who gave me my first negative feedback has at least offered to withdraw it. I've never gone through the process, so I don't know how onerous it is -- hopefully it's fairly straightforward, though I don't know whether or not it depends upon some official review. He's so new to ebay that if it's not a quick and easy process... We'll see. (Update I: Mutual withdrawal of feedback - where we both agree to have the feedback nullified - appears to be the only option, so I've just done my half of it. The comments will remain, but the feedback points will no longer be part of our scores so I'll go up 1 once his negative point is removed and he'll go down 1 because my positive comment to him will be nullified. If he follows through on his half of it, then it'll be done. Update II: It's done. I'm restored to 100%.)

There's so much that's been going on politically - from the saber-rattling and info on mad plans to begin air strikes on Iran as part of another "regime change" attempt, to the fingering of Bush and Cheney in the Valerie Plame leak -- that it seems silly to have made this ebay issue the only update in a week. Still, the ebay deal is small, real and present item, and those larger issues require more time to touch on properly. Besides, I have too many items to get done, so my comments on larger issues beyond my control will have to wait a while. Perhaps a bit closer to the holiday weekend.

Comments

Doc Nebula said…
What? But... EVERYbody wants to trade places with ME!!

Or they should. Tammy makes the BEST potato salad EVER!!

Hey, it's Super Family vs. an oddly extended Fantastic Four down in the basement's Gaming Area A, assuming I get back to it any time soon. The Electric Superman vs. Mr. Fantastic! Maxima vs. the Spider-Man with the FF TA! Lockjaw vs. Krypto! Superboy vs. the Human Torch! Supergirl vs. Power Man, Iron Fist, Crystal, AND Sue Storm! And then there's Dr. Strange, Big Steel, and the little one... who shall survive? The Lord may know, but I sure don't.
waldocarmona said…
Good blog. Please check mine out at http://www.journalismdude.com/blog

I write about comics fairly often
Anonymous said…
Silly, Highlander. I keep telling him that nobody wants to trade places with us (potato salad or not).

I'm glad to hear that your ebay reputation will revert back to it's previously untarnished status. That it's totally deserved should be enough, but, the real world often throws curves deserved or not. And you and I (and so many more of your readers, for that matter) know that game only too well.

I hope the work thing resolves in a more pleasant fashion than the ominous mention would infer. Or at least, I hope you (a) remember to duck and cover, and (b) remember to always carry duct tape with you. Hey, if it will protect you from terrorist attacks, it's gotta protect you from whatever you got goin' on at work.

Duct tape.

I'm tellin' ya.
Mike Norton said…
H: I wouldn't eat anyone's potato salad even at gunpoint.
Interesting clix battle match-up, though! Lockjaw seems the worst off on the FF side.

Hostile17: Now that I'm finding myself with a little time I'll try to remember to swing by and check it out at length. I gave a brief look this week, but as with everyone else's blog I visited this week it was as a swift, silent wraith.

T: Duct tape. Check.

Th: I'll come by for a visit fairly soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes