Iron Man Weekend

Almost here for me.

I likely won't get out to see it until sometime Saturday - making a round of several comics shops for Free Comic Book Day to get, among other things, the free Iron Man Heroclix piece - and making a family visit along the way.

All reports thusfar have been positive, though, for this first of a slate of films Marvel's developing under a wonderfully protected $525 million fund they established three years ago, finally beginning to bear fruit.

The movie reportedly cost $150 million for production and $75 million in promotions, so there's a big chunk to overcome up front, but so far it seems poised to take it.

A co-worker saw it last night (they started showing it as early as 9pm Thursday, making me wish I'd checked -- I'd presumed that a midnight showing would be the first) and gave a positive report. I'm sure I'll have something to say about it by late Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes