This was posted by a fellow comics fan and reflects a general discouragement with some pricing policies. I wouldn't be caught dead with some of his selections, but that's not the point. For me, the comparison with a title put out by a smaller publisher, lacking any ads other than house ones and for a title that doesn't appear to crack Diamond's Top 100 is the bottom line. Marvel's current pricing policies (and, to be fair, the same brush would have to tar DC to some degree) don't come out as being very defensible.

I thought it a good post to spread word of -- to such extent as I can in this dusty, neglected place.

I'm glad I'm not paying close to cover price for anything, but even with strong discounts it's a fairly irrational expenditure each month. I can clearly remember when one pal from that era, Jack Pizzo, dropped comics because the price had jumped 33.333% (damn you, editor CryptLeak!) to 20 cents each.

Comments

Unknown said…
Ahh, the good old days when comics were 16¢ >;)

The disconnect between the business office and the product/audience does seem to intensify every few years.
Mike Norton said…
Ha! Okay, okay... corrected. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't done the taxes yet...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes