Musical Protest: Part One

I saw this yesterday and thought I'd pass it along. (With update)

Yes, I know I left the embed its full, original size, and it's covering a portion of the right column. No harm.
Musician Dave Carroll (part of Sons of Maxwell) had a fairly expensive guitar ruined by United baggage handlers, who were seen throwing the case out on the tarmac. After roughly a year of battles and finally being told there wouldn't be any compensation, he promised to compose, shoot videos of and post for all to see three songs of protest. This is the first.

I'd never heard of Sons of Maxwell and still don't have a good sense of how varied their music is (their Wiki entry says they're a Canadian duo performing traditional Irish folk music and original works with a "pop-folk" sound), so at this stage don't consider this an endorsement of them musically -- for whatever that would have been worth coming from me anyway. I simply haven't heard enough and I don't want to typify their work based on a single tune -- one that's far more "country" than I tend to be interested in.

Update: It appears he's getting some attention from United.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes