Swined!

Ah, yes. The H1N1 has had carnal knowledge of yours truly.

It went from mild symptoms Tuesday mid to late morning in through a desperate, truly feverish push to clear out some projects before leaving work after 7 that night. I made a quick stop for something in the Flu Buddy strain on the way home (living in the brutality of the Land of the Free, I knew it wasn't as if I was going to go to a doctor and get a prescription I couldn't afford to fill, after all) and arrived home, somehow, hot enough that I was reportedly almost painful to touch.

Two nights later and I appear to be past most of it, though I'm still a bit sore, and will be dosing up with anti-diarrhea pills before settling in for the night. I'm wrung out.

Tomorrow I go back into work for the first time since Tuesday. I'm going to attempt to take it sanely, deal with what needs to be dealt with and not let the other matters stress me. Easier said than done, but that's the plan.

Hopefully my recovery trajectory at least stays consistent, and I'll awake feeling at least somewhat rested. That would be pleasantly novel.

This is the first time I've been online in a couple days, understandably, so those who were waiting for me to approve Friend status on my Facebook account, well, that's likely why it's taken so long. The whole Facebook thing is a different subject, though, and best handled in a separate post... sometime later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jesus, Mike, I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear this. You, of all people, suckered in by some global trend!

Sigh...

Grant
Mike Norton said…
To make matter worse, it'll probably turn out to be last season's strain! How embarrassing...
Elayne said…
Wow, glad you're getting better! Scary stuff, that flu.
Mike Norton said…
Thanks, Elayne.

Here it is Sunday and I'm still wrung out and managing symptoms - mostly intestinal. My appetite's still far down, too, which is probably just as well.

Here's hoping for a marked improvement between today and tomorrow, though there's always something depressing about starting to feel well just in time to go back to work.
Take care and rest well. Ack.How are you feeling now?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes