Ready Or Not
It's 2011, and I wasn't even ready or even willing to deal with 2010.

Resolutions - for me, at least - stink of pre-ordained failure, like something taken from the freezer and thawed only to reveal they'd likely turned before being frozen.

I still have to have objectives and above all I have to move myself to action. Whether I want to or not. Today should see some time spent on those -- albeit quietly and privately. Some people succeed in such things by making them public declarations, putting it on a stage for shame or glory. That doesn't work for me. All it makes me want to do is delete the posts and kill the witnesses.

The concept of a New Year is distantly attractive, but in reality it's a sham. There's no Reset button. There's no clean slate.

Same shit (and producers of same), just under a different year's label.

I suppose I just posted something here because I wanted to have something new here, and this is much easier than doing something.

Well, dinner's not making itself.

Comments

Dwight Williams said…
Have you ever listened to Leonard Cohen's "Anthem"? Religious wording or not, I'm inclined to believe that there's something useful to it.

"Start again", I heard them say...

You've started again. That's enough for now. It's good enough for now. For me, at least.
IISAFETY said…
Thanks for your post. The reality in life is to leave the past behind, whether we're ready enough to face the new year with a new set of resolutions (hard to keep, LOL) or keep on regretting what we did last year.
Dwight Williams said…
Well, that was an unintended reminder that this blog remains. Inactive, but it remains.
Dwight Williams said…
And yet again, eight years later...

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need