Sights Unseen, Save For On A Map

 Yeah, this is one of those things that apparently reached Cultural Touchstone or Landmark status along the way that I've simply never seen. It's not a judgement, just a matter of opportunity and interest never being in the same place at the same time. I also know that much of it is a matter of deep nostalgia for the fans, so it's highly unlikely I'd ever hold any of these in anything approaching the regard their general fanbases do. Much of it's that I can't re-convert myself to 8 years old before taking it in, and so make it a more formative experience.
   It's not a competition, but I do know that giving a tepid "it's pretty good" reaction to something someone else has on a personal pedestal is not a good place to be. People seem to take it almost as a personal attack. A secular blasphemy. I was reminded of that when I finally got around to seeing Into The Spider-verse, which came out December of last year, and I made the social error of either not declaring it to be a pinnacle or just pretending I hadn't gotten out to see it.
  So, Hocus Pocus is sharing that same, personal Venn diagram hoop with Neverending Story and The Goonies, to name two more that quickly come to mind. I've seen small snippets, have definitely seen many stills from each, and know enough to appreciate the memes they appear in, but never watched the films.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes