Brown boots heeding the call of nature...

Because I should be working, it was naturally time to do some goofing off and catching up.

I noticed this piece on Alibi's blog concerning the recycling of old toilets as a bright white, porcelain gravel to top the Calveras Park Nature Trail.

Between us, do you really buy the "cleaned" part? Oh, come on. I'm sure they hosed them off -- most had probably been left out in the rain for a while and that was close enough. It's being put on a trail in the woods, fer chrissakes...

My first reaction was "how dangerous is this?!" Maybe this is a different type of material than I think of when porcelain's mentioned, but I expect razor sharp edges when porcelain fractures. Aichmophobia and coprophobia come together! Why, it's the Trail of Fears! (Thanks to CryptLeak for the phobia link sometime last week, btw.)

Oh, I had to post a link to this report on the same story because they not only allay my fears of being shredded, but refer to the crushed commodes as "Johnny Rock," which I'm sure will thrill these guys to no end...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes