McDonalds Gets New Buns?

...and their food declared the path to the Aryan superman?
Okay, so it's just for Japan (at least so far) but McD's has gone with a sexier campaign and a female dressed in Ronald's colors. (Thanks, Tammy, for the tip.)

At least as interesting as this is, I was more intrigued by the quote from Den Fujita (at the end of the piece) when criticism of McDonalds' potential impact on the Japanese diet:
"The reason Japanese people are so short and have yellow skins is because they have eaten nothing but fish and rice for 2,000 years. If we eat McDonald’s hamburgers and potatoes for a thousand years we will become taller, our skin become white and our hair blond."
I can only guess what Mr. Fujita looks like, but I suspect he's not tall and blond. I wonder if this reflects a cultural thread of self-loathing among the Japanese?

Update: Thanks to CryptLeak not being crippled by chronic indolence, I've added a shot of Mr. Fujita to this piece. Laughing as he prepares to gobble his way to perfection, we see green, arching horns behind him like a technicolor shadow revealing his true nature.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brace yourself for the Divine Wind.
Mike Norton said…
LOL! Perfect. "Divine Wind" is perfect. McDonalds should rescue it from history and make it their own. Thanks for that, the haiku and the pic, CL!
Mike Norton said…
Thanks, too, to Highlander for checking the site via Internet Explorer, which shat itself apparently over an extra piece of code in this piece, stopping dead once it hit "Aryan superman?"

Or was it the International Zionist Conspiracy at work?!

No, no... it was just another reason why I only keep IE on standby. Still, the problem appears to be fixed now. Thanks again, H!
Anonymous said…
Nothing to add...other than your title made me laugh out loud.
Doc Nebula said…
Ah ha ha ha! I'm like Jesus, only fatter! I lay my hands to the keyboard, and websites HEAL!
Anonymous said…
Astonishing! I didn't know that there was any kind of cultural loathing in Japan. I thought it was just an appreciation of Western Culture. Kind of how the French love American stuff like blue jeans and Jerry Lewis but still retain a French identity.
Mike Norton said…
Pure speculation on my part. Mr. Fujita could easily have been speaking tongue-in-cheek, but even so people often mask biases with humor.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes