Happy Thanksgiving!

Parade, food and football.

One out of three isn't bad, especially since it's food. I've never had any use for parades, and football hasn't fared much better.

Since most of us more or less start this holiday -- hopefully an extended weekend -- Wednesday night, that seems the best time to place this post. After all, tomorrow we'll be too busy with the details.

I saw that Topless Robot posted Tuesday (to avoid the rush and probably to help warn the unwary in case any of these showed up in the listings) a piece on The 8 Thanksgiving Specials No One Is Thankful For. While I was aware of 6 of the 8 I've managed to avoid more than a glimpse of any of them. Maybe in the right company and with enough alcohol some good could come of them, but for now I'm happy to keep them all at this safe distance.

Courtesy of Hulu -- since it's much classier to watch the entire show rather than just a YouTube excerpt -- here's the "Turkeys Away" episode of WKRP In Cincinnati.


Me? I have some prep to do tonight for tomorrow's dinner, but am generally getting myself into as much of a holiday frame of mind as I can muster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes