Act of Will

Whew! I see I've been away since November 10th.

This may not be much of a re-launch. We'll see. There's certainly no deficit of things to spark entries, just a lack of sufficient interest to do anything with them. A few times in the past few months I ventured past a few blogs but I was immediately bored by the thought of anything I might write, and the ennui drained the puddle of energy that had gotten me that far. Aside from some very light email exchanges the only spot I was writing anything online was over on HCRealms, where the simple fact that it's about something as completely unimportant as a game involving little plastic super-heroes, -villains and monsters kept it inconsequential.

The general pace picked up for me as mid-November approached, interest in writing anything diminished, and then I started to physically run down and then become sick. I'm doing better, but there's still a good deal of congestion in the lungs. No solid down-time to clear myself out, I did try to sleep when I could.

While I finally managed to get a couple packages out in the mail today, we've given Christmas cards a miss this year. Indeed, the only Christmas that went out was a perfectly generic affair, name scrawled in it, and was there mainly so that I had something to place something else in. That this was then crammed into a slot cut in the side of an already-packed box, well, I'm sure the card will look lovely at the unveiling... That said, thanks to Tammy & Darren, and to Mark & Lisa for sending cards our way, though. Much-belated birthday wishes to Darren, btw. Seems he was well-enough remembered as it was (certainly more than any of mine have been since I was maybe 15 -- not that I'm complaining, as I whither when I'm the center of attention), though, so he survived pleasantly enough.

Most of the family gift-buying was done online and early, but many of the other bits were left for later, so aside from getting out to mail the above mentioned packages I did a little more shopping today... and will likely be out for a little more (along with making a visit) tomorrow. I really don't mind this part -- oh, there are irritations, but it's amusingly surreal provided one keeps a sense of humor.

I'll be doing some more wrapping later tonight, bringing me up to date on that. Considering that a Wii was an early (and supposed to be the central) Christmas gift this year we appear to have a mighty pile of gifts growing in our little hiding place.

So far the only early gifts have been from my assistant in the lab, who came up with the Citizen V and Everett K. Ross I was missing from Avengers, and as part of a Secret Santa exchange on HCRealms I received a King Hyperion. All very much appreciated.

This year we're doing our family visits early, so that come Christmas day we can pass it the way we've found we most enjoy: Staying home.

And... that's enough for now. I may be back a little later.

Comments

Doc Nebula said…
Good to see you back. Glad you're not actually dead. Someone heinous was spreading vicious rumors. ;)
Mike Sawin said…
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mike. (And good tidings to you and your family, Bunnyman.)
Mike Norton said…
Bunnyman: The scurrilous dog! I'm sure you've taken care of the blackguard by now!

Mike: And to you and yours!

This cold boomeranged on me viciously Sunday and sent me back to meds, chills and bed. I'm feeling a little better today and hope to be doing far better by Christmas Day.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes