The Final Three

The last holiday weekend of the summer season is here. Our kids will be returning to school next Tuesday, when I'll also be going back to work, and none of us want to think about Tuesday just yet.

We took care of clothes and supplies over a week ago, so they're set in those regards and we don't have to do any of that running around this weekend.

It's a three-day weekend for me, ending with the last official holiday we'll have until Thanksgiving, and I'm trying to make the best of it especially since September and much of October are going to require exceptional effort from me on the work front if I intend to still be employed come Thanksgiving.

The early stage has focused on getting some long-neglected work done around the house. Come next Tuesday's trash pick up we'll have a mighty pile of trash bags out there. The chi of my inner packrat is at its nadir, and I'm finding it easier to simply dispose of things for which I have no use and, most of which, no one else will either.

Friday night saw a good start, and today will see more of a push, but that'll be after some other errands. I want to get most if not all of the work I have in mind out of the way by tonight so that I can better enjoy the remaining two days off. Knowing how I work (and how I don't) it's best if I just check in to report progress rather than to state plans.

So... off into it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need