Yes, Another Healthcare Post

This is a link to one by Roger Ebert.

I'm simultaneously angry and depressed by the lies and seeming stupidity that remain rampant in this country. The information is there, and reason leads one to the correct conclusions, but apparently reason remains out of fashion. Seeing more people speak up, making sense, it gives me a little hope.

We really cannot afford - for our sake and that of those to come after us - to let the thieving, conniving bastards win by steering a mass of people who've been raised on lies and fear.

Comments

Dwight Williams said…
All I can say is "hang in there, Mike!" It's worth fighting for, even if this particular round goes to the Shortsighted Opposition.
Mike Norton said…
We're trying, but we're up against a relentless stream of well-funded and under-informed fury. Worse, many of these people don't want to be informed.

I'm finding myself wistfully hoping that one of the pundits will have an epiphany or a Scrooge experience and drastically change course to at least put some doubt into the minds of those who believe they're well-informed because the same group of talking heads has delivered the same misinformation over and over again.
Dwight Williams said…
Add this to the toolkit, maybe:

http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2009/09/madness-of-right-and-left-part-one.html
Mike Norton said…
Thanks for that, Dwight. I'll give it more the read it (and the site it in turn references) deserves later in the week.

While I've spent next to no time on it, I've repeatedly come back to the idea that I should prepare counter-talking points to overturn the lies and cut out the misdirections.
Dwight Williams said…
Seems like the Brin thread's a good place to mine for those talking points.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes