2007: May It Be A Happier New Year!

A quick post.

Arrived home a few minutes ago from my most-of-New Year's Eve time over at Crypt Leak & Abbygal's. We had a fun time, almost ringing in the new year, eating, drinking, talking and eventually playing about 10 games of Man Bites Dog. One alcoholic drink along the way (gin & Wink was actually a nice combination) which was just fine for me. As always, my appreciation for the hospitality.

The final minutes of 2006 running past, I can't say that I feel any more optimistic about 2007 than I did about 2006, nor do I feel any more capable of dealing with the problems that are dogging me from 2006 as they follow me into the new year. I keep waiting for an Exit sign to light up or a switch to throw in my head (no, I'm not necessarily courting a stroke) but I'm aware that I'm just burning time.

Any true resolutions remain unset, and if that changes it'll likely remain my secret. Public declarations of resolutions may work for some people, but I know they don't work for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy New Year, Mr. Norton. To you and the family!
Mike Norton said…
And to you, sir, and yours! It should be a big enough year to accommodate more than a few of us.
SuperWife said…
Best wishes for a Happy New Year, Mike. To you and yours. 2007 has to be better, if only because of the hope political changes have given us.
Doc Nebula said…
Orto,

What she said from me, too.

And, while I fully realize the near impossibility of it given the complications of your daily routine, try to bear in mind that 2007 will be a year of enormous, very happy changes for ME, specifically in April, and both me and my significant other could get no better New Year's or wedding present than you attending the happy event.

I sincerely hope life improves as much for you in the coming year as it has for me in the past few. Happy New Year!
Anonymous said…
Mike, you are one of our bestest buddies. You are always welcome at Abbygal's abode, CryptLeak's cottage, whatever you want to call it.

We both wish you the best. Always.
Mike Norton said…
S.F. & H: Thanks for the well-wishes, and, yes, on the political front we have reason for optimism.

Aha! So, that'll be in April. Some rough, highly uncertain territory between now and then, so we'll see.

A: Thanks again!
Anonymous said…
Hoping for the best for us all...
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year, Mike! I pray that 2007 will be a better year for all of us.
Hope it all smoothes out for you soon. J.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need