Time, She Flies!

A little bit of non-sequential catching up.

Fellow Legendaire Tim Tjarks is in nearby King of Prussia for a work assignment. I hadn't seen Tim since July of '02 - the last time I was in the Chicago area when he and his family opened their home to those Legends members past and present who could make it.

He was able to have some time off from it this weekend we got together for a late lunch/early dinner. Tim didn't have a preference, and as he'd been eating in the immediate area I drove out near where I work and we went to El Cancun. We ate, caught up a little, discussed gaming, comics, touched on politics, and drank more than enough iced tea to test our aging bladders.

Afterwards I took him on what could barely pass as a tour - more just a matter of riding around while talking, having to stop at work to let some of the iced tea out - for a while before dropping him back off at the hotel.

It was nice to get to see him again.

The past week at work was especially trying -- more so than should have been for a week with a Monday holiday. I'll have to get to some Work work before the weekend's out if I'm to have a chance to make it through the coming week intact.

Wednesday a new Heroclix set releases, so if things work as they normally do with a release I'll have my pre-order arriving on Thursday. The plan will be to open most of it that night, but leaving a brick intact for us to use for some sealed matches after work on Friday. Eric and I passed a fun Friday night that way several weeks ago -- we would have played more games had we known our conversation was going to carry us 'til 4am anyway.

Should I decide to write anything more about the set before or after, I'll point over to that blog then.

Okay... some other things to do around the house tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need