Fantastic Forces: Less than fantastic distribution

I'm bleary-eyed and ready for some cold meds -- I'm sleeping in tomorrow. I refuse to drag myself through another workday and onwards just so I can spend the holiday weekend recovering. No. Won't do it.

On an upbeat note, after initially thinking I might only get them on Saturday and even then by having to arrange to pick them up at a UPS distribution node, my cases of Fantastic Forces arrived today. This is the first time I've had my bulk buy on the release day, and it gave me something to look forward to at the end of the workday.

I do want to note that the set looks great. The new factory and process they've shifted to has made for a better looking product. I'm not seeing the bad paint jobs and pug-ugly faces (well, except where there should be) in this set. They've improved the flight base connections, too.

The dark side: While I did pull a Namor super rare, I did not pull one, single Sub-Mariner of any level. The next most egregious lack was any E or V levels for Lockjaw. So, I'm missing: REV Sub-Mariner, e & v Lockjaw, vet Shocker, exp. Jolt, vet Cage, and vet Invisible Woman.

To be missing 9 of the REV pieces out of a set after opening two cases... there's something wrong with their packing approach. Sure, I know it's supposed to be random, but still...

The uniques I'm missing are Barons Mordo and Blood, along with Warlock.

The super rares I'm missing are Ben Grimm and Kurt Wagner.

The ones I pulled large numbers of (as in 5 or more) were: exp & vet Black Knight, e & v Moonstar, exp Hawkeye, r Awesome Android, r Goliath, r Yellowjacket, r Ghost Rider, r Shocker, r Tigra, r Iron Fist, r Rogue, v Green Goblin, e Human Torch, e Invisible Woman, and r & e Nightcrawler.

The duplicate super rares I pulled were (1 each) Johnny Storm and Sue Storm. Low and high-tradeability clix, respectively, and there may be someone out there with the two SRs I'm looking for (also a low and high pair) which could work out fine.

Duplicate uniques: Volcana, Mad Thinker (2), Arnim Zola, Nimrod, Professor Xavier, and Dr. Doom. Thusfar Volcana is practically the kiss of death, with few takers being likely. Mad Thinker and Arnim Zola are more useful, but more wanted by older comics fans than players. The final three should be much more tradeable.

The cards and pogs were very efficiently distributed, with me getting 3-6 of each. Indeed, they're so evenly distributed that it appears these were the items they really gave careful attention to spreading out.

I'll process my list a little later and get together a more formalized trading list for this set, but I'll take a stab at it now.

Aside from the ones I'm looking for for my own set I'll have a slightly larger list of clix I'll need to complete a second REV. Basically it'll be a repeat of the 9 I need for my own set, I'll also need r Lockjaw, v Atlas, e Shocker, v Karma, v Vulture, r Songbird, v Iron Fist, rev Scarlet Witch, r Thing and v Mr. Fantastic. The aim is to have a set for myself and a second REV set to sell as a unit on eBay.

Pieces I definitely have available for trade are REV Black Knight, Mirage/Moonstar, Yellowjacket, Rogue and Nightcrawler. Then there's e & v Hawkeye, r & v Awesome Android, r & e Ghost Rider, r & e Asp, r Shocker, r & e Tigra, r & v Jolt, e Karma, r & e Vulture, v Songbird, r & e Iron Fist, r & e Power Man, r & e Dr. Strange, e & v Green Goblin, e & v Juggernaut, e & v Human Torch, r & e Invisible Woman, e Thing, and e Mr. Fantastic.

Okay... now to figure out where to put all these for now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes