I wonder if the transmission has been filled with Excelsior?

Yeah, Stan Lee's auctioning off his Mercedes. (Updated 3/29)

Well, what more am I supposed to say? Note for those on the outside that Stan's the guy who - working with comics industry giants such as Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Gene Colan, Don Heck, etc. created and told the early tales of the Fantastic Four, Spider-man, the Hulk, Avengers, Daredevil, X-Men, etc.?

If I have to explain the two levels of the excelsior gag then I'm too old and you're too young for us to be talking, and we probably each need a nap anyway.

Oh, I do like the first potential bidder's question at the bottom:

Q:does the old guy come with the car? I could really use a butler

The auction ends Wednesday.

...and so it has, but without a sale! The bidding went to $5,800.77, which didn't cross the undisclosed reserve price. If I notice them running it a second time I'll make a note of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes