This Fear... This Friday!

Still, the weekend's coming.

A quick post from the pre-dawn darkness. I'll be off to an early start at work minutes after typing this, and the workday demands will keep me away from here likely until a new dark falls.

Many projects to push to completion today, and at least one potential slaughterer of my day's and potentially weekend's schedule to avoid. Wish me luck.

Though my wife's been having various discomforts all week, she seems to have finally gotten a good night's sleep. It likely helps that she's excited about today between the impending arrival of a laptop (a month-early birthday present) and that she'll be getting together for dinner tonight with some former co-workers she hasn't seen in 10 months. Our older son will be going with her to help her get around safely, while I'll be back at home with our younger son who's been sick the past day or so. He's doing much better, but still wouldn't be up to going out anywhere. This all works well, as I'd just as soon stay here and not be a functional fifth wheel spinning in my own time while the "in" jokes and references - legacies of a workplace I'd not been part of - fly. Besides, I'm just not that comfortably social. She hasn't gotten out for any fun in months save for the recent birthday lunch for Trav, so it should do her good.

Much better for me to stay here and enjoy the start of the weekend. I even have the past couple weeks' comics due to arrive as a pleasant distraction sometime today. Settling in with some of those tonight sounds like a nice part of a hopefully pleasant, peaceful evening.

Now, can I just skip from here to the the actual start of the weekend?

Comments

Doc Nebula said…
No, you can't just skip from here to the start of the weekend. You may, however, just skip from here to Monday morning...

Don't blame me! It's just the way entropy works.
Mike Norton said…
Can't we get the Grinch working on this now that he's turned? The Grinch Who Stole Monday.

I'd say we should put the Cat in the Hat on it, as he plainly has magic and/or advanced hyperdimensional shunt technology, but I don't trust the sonofabitch. He'll try to teach us a moral lesson by screwing things up so badly we'll want the old Mondays back.
Anonymous said…
Thank God you weren't crazy enough to unleash that friggin cat. You're dead-on on what he'd likely do.

I don't trust the Grinch either. Oh sure, he's turned over a new leaf, but what happens if he backslides? He might steal Saturday and pawn it for some Scotch and then not be able to get it back when he changes his mind again.

What we need is ninjas. Ninjas ALWAYS work. Well, maybe not the ones in the Marvel universe, but, we just won't hire those ninjas.

Yeah, ninjas.
Doc Nebula said…
Shhh! The NSA is reading this blog! You don't even want to SEE the trouble if some ambitious staffer puts an 'internet research indicates ninjas ALWAYS work' memo on Darth Cheney's desk. We'll have a major international incident as thousands of little Jap mofos in black bathrobes trigger landmines all over Iraq! It's Raining Men? Christ! It will be raining medieval Japanese assassins for hire in giant boat shoes, that's what it will be raining! Pieces of them! For WEEKS! And then some Saudi Arabian embalming firm will want the contract to do the mortuary work! NIGHTMARE, I'm telling you! NIGHTMARE!!!
Mike Norton said…
Suddenly I've peered into an alternate reality a razor slice away from ours, in which this ninjas-to-Iraq post becomes the subject of the first collaboration between Quentin Tarentino and Bollywood. The colors! The singing! The blood! The dancing! Slo-mo effects rapidly intercut with whip-pan shots. Flashbacks in black and white and the present in dazzling color.
Doc Nebula said…
ARABIAN DARK KNIGHTS or A THOUSAND AND ONE NINJAS: THE MUSIC OF SILENT DEATH

Or maybe SINGING TIGER, DANCING DRAGON...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes