Blade Staked?

The "news" is now at least 11 days old, but I've only just noticed that Spike TV has decided to pass on a second season of Blade: The Series.

This is one of those shows I was aware of -- Spike was pushing it back in June, prior to the series' launch, at Wizard World East (I even have some sort of themed tote bag and some cards to show for it -- but the most I saw of it was a few minutes in passing. Goyer had pretty much run the franchise into the ground for me with Blade: Trinity, and there was frankly little left in my reservoir of interest to see me wanting to follow the story week to week... though I never wished the series ill. Variety's always a good thing.., and who knows? I initially passed on Buffy and Angel only to have each become one of my top ten favorite tv series.

Reportedly New Line is still behind the series and some shopping around is being done, but I have no idea what its prospects are.

Any fans of the show passing by this way?

Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes