Saturday, In the Dark

Parental matters I won't be going into here find me up (still) at this hour of the morning, so I thought I'd at least do a short post before I attempt a brief nap before launching into my Saturday.

An e-check having recently cleared, the last of my recent auctions being sent off will be the first of the day's out-of-house tasks. After that, I'll be off to a local Heroclix venue (arriving 90 minutes to two hours early to help assure my spot and maybe play a couple just-for-fun matches) -- I'll bring something to read and my Mobi-Blu with me if I want to tune out the outside world during part of the wait -- and then, if matters go as planned, get a first, likely limited crack at Supernova.

Wizkids appears to be on track for making this pre-release a debacle in some respects, primarily by limiting product so it seems all but certain that at a busy venue such as the one I'll be headed to we won't be able to get three boosters of Supernova each. It currently appears to be more a question of whether we'll be able to buy two Supernova boosters and one of an earlier set, or only one of the new set and two of another. Seriously, that's precisely the situation the venues are looking at. A sad state of affairs, and what strikes me as both a foolish and unnecessary one. After all, it isn't as if they're giving this product away.

Oh, well, what will be will be. Earlier in the week I was thinking I might be more willing to just step aside if the venue seems overwhelmed, giving my spot to someone else, but as the weekend approached my attitude did a 180. Sure, I have plenty of the set on track for delivery to me most likely on the 16th and 17th, but I'd really like to get my hands on even just a little of it today, try some of the pieces out and see many others in action. I'm also interested in seeing if I can get the Space-themed map for the set... and whatever else I can get.

Once I'm done there I'll be giving a call home to make sure Nick's getting himself ready (perhaps Travis, too, but we'll see - he's usually not interested in the film outings) since Nick needs new shoes and a sweat jacket, and depending on the timing either before or after that we'll be catching a showing of Saw III.

Owing to the fullness of the day's plans and my lack of sleep, I won't guarantee a report while it's still Saturday, but I'm sure I'll post something about it all before the weekend's out.

For the moment, though, I'd best catch... five or six winks.

Good luck to each of us in our Saturday plans.

(Addition: Oh, great. "There were errors." One of those enigmatic Blogger error messages. Well, if this doesn't show up until much later in the day, that's the reason.)

Tags: , ,

Comments

SuperWife said…
Hoping things related to your 'personal matters' have eased somewhat, or, at the very least, that you've got a better handle on managing them.

Must be 'shoe season' or something. Now that finances are looking a smidge better around here, I've bought shoes for each of the kids and Highlander in the last week and a half, not to mention quite a few new fall/winter clothes for my youngest, as she's grown about 3-4 inches since last spring.

Haven't read your other post, though H noted something about it to me. Hope what remains of your weekend is a good one. Some drama here (heh...when isn't there, but getting a great deal done around the house...and you know how that feels.)
Mike Norton said…
All in all, Saturday was more fun than Sunday, despite some early morning troubles Saturday.

Now... the weekend's essentially kicked!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes