Kibbles & Bits

Well, really just some bits.

Nothing specific to post about, but it'd been three days since my most recent post, so even a brief post seemed a better idea than none.

I'm in the same spot that likely many of you are, trying to juggle time and finances in getting ready for the holidays. I'm having even less patience than usual with work items as being pinned down there finds me thinking about what I could be getting done otherwise. It's a wintry Spring fever. I know this is going to only intensify in the near future, especially if I don't knock down the stack of pre-holiday items.

This Saturday's the company Christmas party, and I'm finding myself looking forward to it even less than usual. I'll be keeping my time there to a minimum. It's no fault of the company (well, there's one decision I won't go into that rankles me), it's just that I don't enjoy these things. There are obviously many people who do -- including a group of people who use it as a launching pad for a post-party party at a local bar. Hey, good for them.

Since the kids accepted the X-Box 360 as an extremely early Christmas present we've technically gotten the Big Buy out of the way for the season, but much as I knew at the time I know that we're still far from finished. Obviously the remainder will be operating closer to the ground, shall we say.

All plans to get decorations done back over the Thanksgiving weekend died stillborn, so getting that tended to within the next couple days is becoming a priority. That, Christmas cards (time to dig up missing addresses -- something that Mark Gibson's just been doing -- behind the scenes), and a sincere attempt to finalize the Christmas list are all on the To Do list I'm making up for between now and the end of the weekend.

Tags:

Comments

SuperWife said…
I'm just about done with my Christmas cards, and all the decorations (except the tree and a couple very minor things) have been done for some time. The tree is slated for this weekend (Sunday), as is our annual cookie baking.

Shopping, however, is MILES from being complete. And with birthdays and concerts and the like, it's getting pretty tough to get all the last minute stuff done.

Good luck to you!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes