Origin: Brick One

On schedule, I opened a brick of Origin this morning, pre-work.

Here's what was in the brick:
Blackhawks R & E
Phantom Lady REV
Robotman V
Ray Ex2
Wildcat V
Halo Rx2, Vx2
Mano Ex2
Shadow Thief E
Knockout R
Copperhead REV
Question R, Ex2
Animal Man E
Catman R
Atom E, Vx2
Mirror Master E
Triplicate Girl E, Vx2
Supergirl Ex2
Hawkman V (Should be solid trade material)
Wonder Girl R, E
Cyborg Superman V
Mr. Miracle E
M'Onel V
Green Lantern V
Shazam E
Martian Manhunter V
Blue Beetle U (Possibly my least-wanted U...)
Vandal Savage U (...balanced by one of my most-wanted ones.)
Batman U
Superman U

Amanda Waller
Legionnaire x2
Mister Tawky Tawny
President Horne
Sarge Steel
Mercenary x 4 (It'll be a sought-after card, though, so I'll likely be able to trade one or two easily if it comes to that.)
Dissent
Entrench

So... none of the chase pieces so far, but it's to be expected. I now have 52 of the 96 pieces in the main set, meaning 44 remaining. I still have a marquee event set for next Monday, so that'll be three more boosters, and two long-ago paid Internet-bought bricks which I'm awaiting word of shipping on... so who knows when I'll see those?

For the hell of it -- I'm not going to put this in my official trade list yet, with so much up in the air -- after 18 boosters here's a list of what I'm still looking for:
Blackhawks V
Robotman R
Ray V
Wildcat R,E
Damage REV (Better none than too many of any of them.)
Mano V
Shadow Thief V
Knockout V
Question V
Animal Man R,V
Catman E,V
Booster Gold REV (Not being excited by the new version I'm not bothered by the lack of an appearance so far, and am hoping this won't swing hard in the other direction as I open boosters.)
Mirror Master V
Triplicate Girl R (I get her and I'll have the 150 pt REV.)
Supergirl R,V
Hawkman R,E
Cyborg Superman R,E
Steel E,V
Mr. Miracle R,V
Mon-el/Valor R,E
Green Lantern R,E
Shazam R,V
Martian Manhunter R
Sandman U
Jakeem Thunder U
Gentleman Ghost U
Johnny Quick U
Negative Woman U
STRIPE U

Dane Dorrance
Marvin & Wendy (which I'll receive at the marquee)

Mistrust
Communication Breakdown

Disintegrate
Triage
Repulsor
Compel
Thwart

Most of the cards are ones I'll very much want, Disintegrate, Repulsor and especially Thwart in the lead among them.

Considering that the most difficult pieces to find will be the Experienced and Veteran Rares (the ones starting with Wonder Girl) I'm not doing badly. Wonder Girl's completed, Martian Manhunter's only lacking the rookie, and I already have the vets for Cyborg Superman, M'Onel and Green Lantern. So far I've beaten the odds by a smidgen in terms of number of uniques while managing to not hit any duplicates in their ranks, so I'm halfway through the uniques.

In terms of trade-worthy extras, I've managed to pull more than I would have from a properly balanced case for vets Atom, Triplicate Girl and Hawkman, and E Wonder Girl - each of whom should have been 1 per case under the case target scheme that's been in place since Collateral Damage. I'm off to a good start on the trade potential front.

Here are the nominal extras -- nominal because in some instances I'll want more than one of them:
Blackhawks R & E
Ray E
Halo R,V
Mano E
Knockout R
Copperhead Rx2
Question R, Ex2
Animal Man E
Atom R,V
Triplicate Girl E,V
Supergirl E
Hawkman V
Wonder Girl E

Legionnaire
President Horne
Sarge Steel

Mercenary x3

The Blackhawks, as the closest thing to generics in this set, might all stay, and I'll likely want to hold onto at least one extra Mercenary card. Will I want to hold onto extra, generic Legionnaire bystanders? Possibly, but I doubt I'll end up using them.

It's a good-looking set, but I'm not finding myself gung-ho, resolved to complete it. If I do, fine, but it's not a strong concern. There are several pieces I'm still looking forward to, but my sights have already shifted to the next Marvel set -- Avengers. We're supposed to be getting a special announcement about that March 20th.

Comments

Doc Nebula said…
I hadn't heard about the chase figures, but I see HCRealms has included them in the write up of ORIGIN rares just posted.

It's nice they gave Lois Lane and Alfred full figs instead of pogs. It makes me sad that I will almost certainly never get one of either. I don't much care about either of the other two, although Queen Hippolyta looks like she has a useful dial.

I've only picked up two boosters of ORIGINS so far, and it seems unlikely I'll have much spare money to spend on stuff like clix for... well... the forseeable future, anyway. But ORIGIN boosters are on the registration list at Great Escape; maybe someone will surprise me with a wedding gift.

I'm having a hard time recalling exactly what I got from my two boosters... a Triplicate Girl, I think (Ex) and a rookie Animal Man... and three vets -- The Ray, Cyborg Superman, and the Question (the back half of whose dial is totally kick ass). I can't recall what the other three were... no, wait, okay, I also got a rookie Shazam! (interesting sculpt) and an Experienced Copperhead. But that last one utterly eludes me.

Oh, and I also got two Triage cards.
Doc Nebula said…
The last one was an Experienced Knockout, which seems to have the best dial of the REV. If I could figure out an excuse to put her and Vic Sage on the same team, I think my opponents might feel a little thrill of trepidation. Maybe.

How about a team of Charleton characters -- Question, Captain Atom, and Blue Beetle, of course, but I might throw in Karnak as a substitute for Peter Cannon, and maybe a grounded Shadow Lass as a Nightshade fill in. Maybe the Ultimates Nick Fury for Peacemaker. Who else was there? Was Captain Metropolis a surrogate for anyone? Nah... I think very few of the Minutemen had Charleton counterparts. So those six should do it.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need