A splash of Origin

Origin released today.

I broke down and bought six boosters while waiting for pre-ordered items to arrive:

Blackhawks R (The ears, man! The ears!)
Robotman E
Ray R
Halo E
Mano R
Shadow Thief R
Knockout R & E
Copperhead R (x2)
Question R & E
Animal Man E
All-New Atom R (x2)
Mirror Master R (Looking forward to the E & V, which are transporters.)
Triplicate Girl E
Hawkman V (Looks great, and I appreciate the work that went into the plastic shell that enabled him to be packed with his wings attached.)
Wonder Girl E & V
Steel R
Martian Manhunter E (Pudgy, pillowy and with mis-proportioned limbs, but I do like how the experienced has the pointed, elongated head.)
Starman U
Mr. Mind U (Honestly, while the lid was level and it's all clean and orderly, the sculpt is still... I don't know. "Stupid ugly" seems terribly apt.)

President Horne
Sarge Steel

Critical Strike
Protect The Innocent

Coordination
Pounce

None of the four chase pieces (Alfred, Lois Lane, Queen Hippolyta and the Wizard Shazam), but the odds against any of those were long -- probably Marvel Zombies long, though that hasn't been confirmed; we're still too early in the case report process.

Generally they all look good, and it does appear that they've reformulated the plastic once more, giving us something firmer than we've seen in the past few sets without being brittle like the earlier ones. The plastic packing shells are also a little different in hue and feel, protecting the figures better than before. No damaged figures in the mix.

I have a brick scheduled to come into my hands first thing Thursday morning, and I'll get a report on that up shortly thereafter providing the morning doesn't immediately turn to guano.

It's odd to not be tracking a case at this stage. I'm not saying I regret the move (I'll save that for after I look at all the gaps in my list after opening three bricks...), but just that it's odd. This is the first full expansion since early 2003 where I didn't buy a case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need