Candidate Match-up

Another poll to help find the sympatico candidate: Pick your candidate for 2008.

(Thanks to Tony Collett and Mark Gibson for the link.)

91% Mike Gravel
91% Dennis Kucinich
90% Chris Dodd
89% Barack Obama
88% John Edwards
85% Hillary Clinton
82% Joe Biden
78% Bill Richardson
39% Rudy Giuliani
24% John McCain
22% Ron Paul
20% Mike Huckabee
19% Tom Tancredo
17% Mitt Romney
10% Fred Thompson

2008 Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz

I was surprised to see Mike Gravel at the top (equal correlation to Kucinich - who was no surprise as being up there - for me)... largely because I must confess I don't know that I was aware of him before. From the info on his site his campaign hasn't made inroads into Pennsylvania, and given how late we come in the Primary process I can hardly fault them for not spending some of their resources here.

Comments

TT said…
Your rankings are almost identical to mine, Mike. Gravel at the top, followed by Kucinich and Dodd. Hillary was a bit lower for me (at the bottom of the Democrats, but still at 80% and within a reasonable error margin with her, Obama, and Edwards.

There's really not a tremendous amount of differences in policy between any of the Democrats, at least in ways important to me. I'm supporting Obama mainly due to the tone of his rhetoric rather than policy differences.
Mike Norton said…
I'm seeing sufficient devil-in-the-details differences among the Democratic candidates, not that (for the most part) those were well revealed in this poll.

Among my fears for a Hillary presidency is that IMHO she's going to be more inclined to be hawkish as she tries too hard to overcome any appearance of weakness by either philosophy or gender. We've already seen a great deal of this during her time in the senate, along with her become more and more corporately co-opted especially as she came closer to being an announced presidential candidate, apparently trying to distance herself from a "Liberal" tag.

All that said, I understand the Obama appeal and was definitely starting to feel it in recent weeks. I can see myself supporting his presidential run much more easily than I can a Clinton one, and with that in mind I was disappointed to see the aftermath of New Hampshire.

Obviously, it's still well up in the air until late in the day on February 5th. I'm going to be counting on you, Grant and each of your families to help us all out that day! ;) Here in PA, our Primary is ludicrously off on April 22nd.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes