Happy New Year!

I don't know why I should expect that to be the case, but eventually the wishful declaration has to come true. Getting well would be a dandy start.

Keeping it very low key this year, due largely due to my being sick forever. Abbygal and Crypt Leak had invited me again this year, but I wasn't up for the drive and didn't want to spread whatever this is around among friends. I'll be more than happy to share what's left of it with co-workers come Wednesday...

I can't tell if the ability to concentrate is slowly returning or whether I've just gotten used to operating at this drastically reduced, sleep-deprived level. If I start mentioning anything about accepting Jesus or the like I would consider it an act of deepest friendship or at least compassion to kill me. Just try to keep it painless.

Comments

Dwight Williams said…
Dealing with another seasonal bug here(though I suspect not as severe)...and as for your request, as an alternative, I suggest you keep Robert J. Sawyer blog-linked. I think it'll help you out.

Here's to us all having a better year.
Mike Sawin said…
Sending over a pot of my virtual chicken soup and some strong lemonade that is best taken hot.

They might not cure what ails, but they are yummy to eat and in general make you feel good for a few moments.

Also sending well wishes for you and the family, and best hopes for 2008.
Mike Norton said…
Dwight & Mike>: Thanks for the well-wishes and hopeful views. I hope the new year treats us all well, though I suppose in the spirit of reciprocity and simple common sense about recipes at least some of that will depend upon how we each treat the new year.

Dwight: Sawyer's certainly had a stellar year in 2007, looking down his January 1st entry! It would be quite the challenge for him to top that in '08.

A question, though: What's the compulsion (in this case his, but I've noticed it in many other cases) to name himself as a Canadian SF writer? I see this sort of thing often enough that I find myself wondering if it's a fierce nationalism, a fierce desire to avoid being tagged as possibly being presumed to be from the U.S., or if you're all compelled by law or lifelong programming to identify your (and that of any other, fellow Canadian) nationality at every opportunity? ;)
SuperWife said…
Heh. I'll be on the look out for any Christian or Republican leanings. Painless, huh? I'll do my best...;)
Mike Norton said…
Thanks. Just no death by "Cincinnati-style" chili, okay?
Dwight Williams said…
Not absolutely certain, Mike, but in his case it's possibly as much genuine loyalty as "playing to the hometown crowd" for marketing purposes. And maybe a bit of "programming" thrown in for good measure. :-)

As regards my link suggestion, I was thinking of his position as a religious fellow-traveller of yours to some extent, or so I recalled, as much as his talent as a writer.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes