Busy, busy, busy...

Another weekend blew through, taken up with some good things and some irritating nonsense. In the Good column were finally getting the latest issue of Legends (#106) out the door, and getting most of the prep work for a series of eBay auctions laid -- I'm now aiming to start them some night this week, though not tonight since a week from today will be many people's last day of summer, and I'm afraid that'll make for bad marketing during those final, critical hours.

The Bad side, especially Sunday afternoon, was taken up with finding that my computer had somehow fallen prey to a virus that was attempting to log keystrokes and so hunt for passwords. With both the Antivrus scan and ZoneAlarm running, I was used to nothing getting past, but I must have inadvertently let a door open. Ever since the last big clean-out and fortification (thanks again, Pat) the system's been working better than it had in over a year. I wish Norton Antivirus didn't have to take 40 minutes each time I ran it, or that if it still did that it was powerful enough to take care of the problem. Being told that there's something there but that it can't be quarantined nor deleted, and to do that using an Alert! window that refruses to close, while doing next to nothing to tell me what I should do... well, the phrase "piece of shit!" wove itself into my monologues of the afternoon. That I'm becoming adept at moving in and out of Safe Mode, etc. is probably good, looking at the reality of the situation, but is more irritating than welcome to me as I don't like having a tech hobby forced on me. The creation and unleashing of computer viruses and worms is getting serious consideration as a capital crime in my little universe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need