A Wizkids ad from a trade magazine for the summer's additions, including the Legion of Superheroes starter set, has surfaced. (Full image posted below.)

I'm probably most put off by what feels more like a fear-inspired protest in the piece's subtitle: "Why 2007 does NOT mark the beginning of the end of Heroclix."

I understand it's one of those command decisions - pretend the criticisms aren't there by ignoring them or attempting to confront them - but that they spent so much time trying to refute it by presenting the new items as just the latest additions in a long line of changes and additions has an edge of worry to it. If nothing else it demonstrates that the people declaring "Heroclix 2.0", and that this summer's sets mark such a new section of Heroclix that all of the earlier pieces will be rendered obsolete, is worrying someone.

Here's the full page (click on it for full size):


As for the starter set itself, we can see the two 3-D objects in the box's window. One's a device with a satellite dish on it, and the other's... I don't know. A lightning rod? An elongated, stylized cross? The lightning rod briefly sparked memories of a story where they held little lightning rods in some bid to bring Lightning Lad back to life, but they looked nothing like this.

Well, I'll be interested to see it all revealed.

I haven't bothered writing much about the Legion figures, all seven of which have been revealed, but classic Legion fan Darren was just taking a look at Ultra Boy as part of a recent entry.

Comments

Doc Nebula said…
Thanks for the quick look. I'm more interested in AVENGERS than the LSH set right now, but, still, it's good to get a sneak peek. And that ad sure spent a long time saying nothing much, didn't it?

I've updated my comments on the LSH set on my blog with a few more paragraphs, btw. And thanks for the tip on Flash Vision. Although in today's corrupt context, it does sound like a special feature on a GIRLS GONE WILD DVD.
Anonymous said…
Miraclo:

The second 3D object: Is it possible that it's supposed to be some floaty-drone thing? The long thing we can make out might be the "flight peg" that some character figures have nowadays. (Like that long one Guardian ended up with in Supernova.) Seriously, I think its a small satellite/robot drone thingy mounted on a "flight peg." -- grey_zealot
Mike Norton said…
H: I'm more interested in Avengers, too, but in the rarefied sneak peek environment of modern Wizkids I'm trying to get the info fixes where I can.

GZ: I've seen some of the mentions that it might be a flight peg, which could be fun. We haven't had to treat any object that way before. I'm looking forward to it either way.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need