...and she'll take the low road


It's been another too-busy day, but I have to take a few moments to note a quote from Hillary Clinton I heard this morning.
"That was his choice, Steve" she said in an interview with Steve Inskeep. "There was no rule or requirement that he take his name off the ballot. His supporters ran a very aggressive campaign to try to get people to vote uncommitted."
Oh, right, Hill. I'm sure "uncommitted" really drew something like the same vote an actual name would have... in primaries where the electorate was already told their delegates wouldn't count. Winsies for you.

I could barely believe it.

The voice sounded right, but I thought maybe my mind had wandered and I was actually hearing some Clinton campaign aid/spokesperson talking too much off the cuff. But, no, it was the candidate herself.

I understand the unwillingness to believe that her presumed frontrunner status has become part of the past, and being surrounded by supporters can only make that more difficult to accept. However, clinging to a sham move like this only reminds me of every poor sport I've ever played a game with, looking for any petty technicality to in order to win.

Much of any respect I may have had for her was at least momentarily swept away. I can only hope she has or will come to regret it -- in the thoughtful process of reflection, I mean, and not simply the calculated maneuvering of a politician.

Comments

SuperWife said…
It's as if the two of them are just giving McCain the keys to the White House. And it couldn't sicken me more.

In a year when there was virtually no way a democrat couldn't retake the presidency, the two of them are really making me wonder if they are really on the team...

As for the political cess pool, well, she's obviously getting prunier by the minute...
Mike Norton said…
...and then we had ABC News add to the slime bucket with what will likely be the final single party debate of this Primary season.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need