Hey, What Time Is It?

Okay, unlike two weeks ago when I misled people by overlaying the Daylight Saving Time jump with the change of seasons, it'll be time to set those clocks ahead an hour overnight tonight. While I rarely find items of actual value in The National Review, I did find this timely piece on Daylight Saving Time worthwhile.

So, be sure that whatever electronic equipment you have that doesn't do it on its own is moved ahead an hour tonight, so if you go out tomorrow you can taunt tardy shop owners with confidence if you've a mind to Sunday morning.

Lousy, lousy day today, btw, and I'm not talking about John Paul II's day.

My getting up early and starting to get things done resulted in one kick in the teeth after another, and I'm surprised I didn't just crawl back into bed and stay there. It really is one of those days where one looks around and sees that nearly everything is a pointless, wearing sham, and happiness is a delusional state of mind that just gives a sadistic universe something to take away from you. Plans to head out this afternoon to a trading and gaming event I was invited to - no monumental affair, but it most likely would have been nice - were flushed by late morning. Among other things it's not yet clear whether or not I'll have to go out tomorrow and buy a new washing machine. (The "old" one isn't even 5 years old.) Well, hey, there's still some room on that card...

For now... I believe one of my sons and I are going to try to head out to see Sin City.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need