Holding the Line

I'd seen the piece in Variety concerning the Star Wars fans reportedly already in line to buy tickets for the May 19th premiere of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and doing so at a theatre not scheduled to show the film, but what that piece failed to make note of is that the line-sitters are not only organized they're also doing this, in part, for charity. (Thanks, Tammy, for sending me the link to the line-waiting group's site.)

Seeing this story prompted me to check in on how the Star Trek fans are doing with their Trek United effort to raise money and secure a fifth season of Star Trek: Enterprise. (Which I brought up back on March 1st.) They've kept moving, but as I'd expected the march towards an independenty-raised fourth million (the other three were donated in one sweep, as mentioned in the earlier piece) is slow and uncertain work. Despite various promotional gimmicks including promotional merchandise and a weekly podcast, the total, at last check, was just over $3,139,000 in what's essentially bribe money for Paramount.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need