Legends note

The Legends APA benefit auctions I was originally planning to begin tonight have been postponed by one week. I want to get one or two procedural items in place, and when I'd originally planned this I didn't think I'd be finishing up a separate bank of auctions this Sunday. I'll talk that up considerably once those auctions are underway.

I've received a box of things from Grant (which I've yet to begin writing listings for) along with a few items I've set aside, so our first attempt at this will be a modest one. I want to have a template for the auctions in place to help this go as smoothly as possible, though.

This week's auctions, however...
(yes, I'm going to be heavily into self-promotion mode today with not much more than 6 hours to go on the 25 lots I have up) - which are directed solely at helping me reimburse myself for some of the outlay on the latest clix set - are going in a fairly typical fashion. I was hoping for a more complete spread of at least initial bids by this stage, but recent activity's pushed it much farther just in the time since I started typing this, so I'm hopeful. Many people don't even look at things until they're in the the final few hours, and the rationale for starting/ending them on a Sunday night is that many people start looking for diversion and last-minute spending to take their minds off the impending resumption of the work/school week. At least that's the hope.

I have twelve of the REV sets from Collateral Damage up, including Azrael, the Justice Society's Doctor Mid-Nite, the recently reintroduced Ragman (seen on the right - one of the terrific sculpts in this set), Gotham villain Black Mask, member of both the Justice League and the Suicide Squad during her checkered history - Vixen, the chemically shifting Outsider Metamorpho, the current, female version of the Teen Titans' Speedy, the Flash rogue The Trickster, the sword-wielding member of the Outsiders Katana , Justice Leaguers Fire & Ice, and the Legion of Superheroes' Shadow Lass.

From the same set are five of the uniques: the Earth-born hero of the planet Rann Adam Strange (shown on the left), strange Western hero Jonah Hex, the Jean Loring version of Eclipso from Day of Vengeance and Infinite Crisis, the multiple mind-controlling dwarf Dr. Psycho and a Justice Leaque affiliated Orion of the New Gods.

On top of that I have uniques going back to the first clix set, Infinity Challenge, (a Vision), and two from Legacy, (Red Robin - seen at right - and Steel) which was terribly under-produced and consequently sold out from the manufacturer in just under a month. Several others, from the Ultimates (Magneto) , Mutant Mayhem (N'astirh and the Ultimates version of Giant-Man) , Critical Mass (the Kree-born Captain Marvel) and Armor Wars (Shathra) sets, round out the mix.

Comments

TT said…
Well, I wasn't just cruising eBay on a Sunday -- I was driven to the auctions by your previous post. If you'd mentioned them here earlier I must have missed it (proving that multiple mentions help, I guess).
Mike Norton said…
Right! Looking back, I was apparently so concerned about not looking like a whore that I didn't plug them here until Saturday!
Mike Norton said…
Oh... this is now entering its second week of postponement, as I want to clear up some matters with ebay and Paypal first.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes