"Oh, Christ! She found the bottle..."

A little while back Tammy came up with a link to a gallery of advertising shots, mostly from the 1940s and '50s. The approach was often well over the top and open to reinterpretations.

Here are some of mine.
Sally's pork fetish made her easy pickings.




Do I need to re-caption this?




I wouldn't suggest any travel plans for the morning... and make sure you have something to read.





Sunday morning with the Java Junkies




Damien's Stamp of Approval
Gehenna's Finest Baked Beans




I see this Ritalin plan goes back a ways.




It would be bad taste to serve these to lepers.
(I see someone found some use for a dense head of cabbage, though.)


Powered by a series of nuclear explosions?
What could possibly go wrong?




It's really just a question of which one Bob drinks first.




The brave men of Cuisinart Company





From the mind of Homer Simpson



Lon Cheney's most challenging role


Amphetamines were very popular in the 1950s...




"Area rugs," lady.




Bill goes for the record.



It was really the only way she could stand being around him.




Not like those miserable, Coke-drinking motherfuckers.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"...Coke drinking bastards"?
I got a belly laugh out of the HBO version.




Itkrdwa, the goddess of captioned humor, smiles approvingly, allowing me my humble comment.
Anonymous said…
Holy crap, dude. Funny stuff. Gotta make you a regular stop from now on.
Mike Norton said…
Thanks, Nate.

C.L.: Okay, I fixed it. I was just feeling a little PG at the moment.
I love illustrations from this era. There is a certain mystique about them.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes