Change of Plans

I'd planned to take today off, a plan that formed loosely in the early part of the week. Regardless of other change of plans, I still took the day off; next Tuesday may tell me how well or ill-advised the move was.

By mid-week the plan had been modified inasmuch that an uncommitted Friday had changed to one where I was to accompany Crypt Leak and Abbygal (who's just celebrated a birthday this Wednesday past - happy birthday!) into Philadelphia to the Mutter Museum. Devoted to medicine, from instruments and a medicinal garden to preserved specimens, some of them venturing into the grotesque.

However, by Thursday evening A had become ill - hopefully not the curse of King Tut, brought home from the exhibit they'd gone to Wednesday - so we've shifted those plans off to some other day. I wish her a speedy recovery, as it's bad enough being sick without having it eat up her well-earned vacation time.

As things turned out it's just as well, as my wife had seen a sinus infection develop into an ear infection, and it was good I was around to take her to the doctor's this morning. I'm not feeling so wonderful myself -- a sinus headache most likely brought on by everything in the air.

So, along with sitting around in a doctor's office or an hour, I had to go retrieve prescriptions. Hey. Joy. Fun stuff.

At least I had the prescience to make sure my MP3 player was charged so I could retreat from the horrors of Good Morning America, Regis & Kelly, and Rachel Ray, The View - the horror fare that is almost always on in the waiting rooms depending upon time of the morning.

We had a large, central piece of lab equipment -- something the manufacturer had recently replaced due to problems -- go fubar Thursday, and I wasn't able to go farther with that than leaving a message. That left Mike T. to initially wait for a call-back this morning and, if that didn't happen, try their 800 number again. I know that nothing can happen very quickly in this instance, but this will be a major pebble in our shoe until it's taken care of. I was tempted to stop in while I was out picking up prescriptions, but stopping into work is like playing with a bear trap. Besides, I'm either taking the day off from work or I'm not.

There's chores a'plenty to do around here today, but I'm not finding the ball of fire within. I will try to do push myself to do something productive if I find myself giving in to the desire to just go back to bed. I'm weary, but not tired, and under those conditions and these circumstances going to sleep in the middle of the day is only going to make things worse. Better to put on some music and do something.

I've taken out pork chops for dinner tonight, which I'll glaze and broil. We'll probably keep it simple and have macaroni & cheese (which we haven't made up in a couple months, I just realized) and a vegetable with it. We already have a large salad made up, some of which I hit for lunch.

A new box of comics, albeit a light one, is due tomorrow. I've been tending to read the new lot fairly soon after each arrives, which is good, though I haven't been moved to do more than mention them here.

I've rambled and stared at the screen enough for this one. I'm off to see what I can do that's useful.

Comments

Unknown said…
What?! No plans for a 30th anniversary viewing of Starship Invasions?

Get-better-fast wishes to Da Wife.
Mike Norton said…
Man! How could I forget?! How many years did it take poor Christopher Lee to scrape the stink off him from being in that one?

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need