Holy F---!

While fishing around for something else entirely, I came across a piece from this past January over at Jounalista!, on Christian sex comics that were published by The Family International.

I must note that this topic demonstrates how flexible and seemingly meaningless the term "Christian" has become, not that we'd need to go farther than politicians who rally people to kill our enemies and invoke Christianity in the process to see how far afield the term's gotten from anything Jesus spread to the masses.

The panel up top is one of the tame ones from an issue of The Flirty Little Fishy, put out by The Family International (go to that link and scroll to the bottom for links to an archive of what they published), a Christian cult that used sex to lure in new members. While noting that they labeled them as "Adults Only" it should be noted that they defined "adult" as anyone 12 years or older.

Comments

Mike Sawin said…
Zounds. That's pretty sick.
Mike Norton said…
I was mostly surprised at the openness of it. I don't have much use for religion, but this is some of the most self-serving and victimizing abuse of term Christianity I've seen. It has to make most actual, New Testament, scriptural Christians both heartsick and angry.

While it's morphed in the face of waves of scrutiny, it's a little disturbing that the group behind it is still out there on the international scene.
Nate said…
Matthew 7:21-23;
"21 Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness."

Christianity has rules. If you don't even try to follow them, you ain't no Christian. If you actively flout them, there isn't even a question.

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need