I smell Made-for-TV Movie

Here's a story that's a rollercoaster ride for those involved. Given what Correa's put the child's natural mother through, not to mention the trauma the poor 6 year-old will now have to deal with.., I'm not sure what an appropriate penalty would be. (I'm presuming the daughter she stole was being raised happily, of course.)

Generally I don't make a point of pieces like this, but it's enough of a tangle of considerations to pose an interesting moral problem (from the legal penalty angle), not to mention being one of those situations that were one to encounter it in a novel it might seem contrived and forced.

If you're wondering where the confusion comes in for me, it's in dealing with the situation in a fashion that doesn't traumatize the child any worse than necessary. Again, I'm presuming the kidnapper has raised the child lovingly, as her own, so this is the only mother the girl's ever really known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need