Mutant Mayhem
(Because I have to step away from politics part of the time,
and this is supposed to be an amusing outlet for me.)


Proving once again that fan sites are often more entertaining and than the official ones, here's a snappy presentation of the complete, upcoming Mutant Mayhem Heroclix set. Click on a thumbnail to see a larger version of each image. The top tier are the sets' uniques, the second through third are the rest of the set by number, with a translucent, mail-away Hulk limited edition figure at the end. Having looked at the characters, sculpts and nearly all of the dials I know I want enough of this set to be going after all of it (well, the limited edition pieces remain of little to no interest, but as they're including some of those randomly in boosters it appears I'll likely get away with some of those, too.




The site plays around a little farther down the page, including some alternate play maps. If you're looking for the dial stats on each, go to the HCRealms units section, scroll to the bottom, select Mutant Mayhem and scroll down to a figure of interest. Normally I'd just point you to WizKids' own listings, but shortly after they went up on Friday someone either playful on WK's side or an outside hacker dramatically changed key dials. As of my last attempt all of the dials there - right or wrong - weren't accessible... so stick with HCRealms' listings for now if you want to know who can do what and how well. Also, don't forget to scroll down the list to see the Battlefield Effect and Feat cards that offer new mechanics to the game, some more anticipated than others.





Mutant Mayhem is scheduled to go on sale at game and comics stores on Wednesday Nov. 24th - the day before Thanksgiving for those of us in the U.S. By then I should be have received a tracking email for my own order and will be watching its progress towards me. Here's hoping the orders reach their distribution points early this year, but I'm not counting on seeing my bulk order before the following Monday. Black Friday, as ever, would be ideal for me -- Thanskgiving leftovers, a day off, and 48 boosters to tear into? - but the odds aren't good.

This set's special, pre-release tournaments will be held November 13th and 14th at select locations, none of which this time will be here in Pennsylvania. I enjoyed the pre-release for the Ultimates set, but it'll hardly kill me to miss it this time. I'll continue to check back in case a venue someplace reasonable for me to travel to pops up in the time remaining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes