WooHoo! I'm a bad parent!

A list of the most violent/inappropriate for children and teens (Augh. It let me through fine the first time, but upon checking the link I see that they want people to register for access, and I hate doing that) video games was issued by The National Institute on Media and the Family recently, and I see that #2 on the list is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which we've had at home since the release date; much of it isn't to my tastes, but that has much more to do with rap/hip hop culture and "urban" slang than it does with death and destruction. The #4 spot is Halo 2, which the in-laws have already picked up for the kids, presumably for Christmas. The #1 spot goes to Doom 3 and the #3 to Half Life 2, both of which are games I have some interest in playing eventually -- not that I get much time to actually play any games...

Here's the complete list from NIMF's own site, though it was taking impossibly long to load. I'm bustin' my buttons with parental pride to note that #5's spot, went to Resident Evil: Outbreak, which we've had for months, and which has a cinematic, beautifully choreographed and scored opening sequence. (Seriously, it's better than any that seen in any of the movies I've seen in the past year.)

If the organization name for National Institute on Media and the Family wasn't enough of a give-away (I believe it was the Daily Show's John Stewart who not long ago said that if "Family" is in the title you know no one's having fun) , the article also included quotes from senatorial sad sack and Al Gore's greatest mistake: Joe Lieberman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes