The days fold and flow

... one into the next. I seem to be in another of those stretches where - despite appearances the contrary in the previous post - I'm left with little time and less energy.
There's no shortage of comment-worthy items in the news, but I'm not interested in just noting them and making no comment.

If you're interested in other aspects of the Miers nomination, here's a collection of pieces of possible interest.

I simply couldn't countenance listening to Bush's "press conference" this morning , as I was at work and feeling the urge to shout back at the speakers and get up to pace and rant would have adversely affected my productivity.

It was my understanding going in that he would be trying once more to put a positive spin on the Iraq situation, and I steadfastly maintain that no possible outcome will prove to be worth the waste of human lives in this invasion and occupation. Things will undoubtedly get better for the people of Iraq, just as a few years from now I'm reasonably sure that New Orleans will have arisen at least by some lights as a much improved city. The difference is that we didn't bomb New Orleans and the deaths in the Gulf (of Mexico) region weren't the result of military action.

If I'm faced with one more Neo-con using "Saddam" and "Hitler" in the same sentence or shaking his head at me in amusement for not listening to military personnel reporting how the Iraqis love us for rebuilding their schools and installing air conditioners I'm going to be driven to violence. People are adaptable. People are resilient. People want peace. People who've spent a couple decades under the heal of a mob boss-like dictator are well-practiced at smiling and nodding for whoever's holding the automatic weapons.

Whatever was presented at this morning's event, I'll bring myself up to speed on that sometime Wednesday. If there's something there I'll want to comment on, I will if I feel the rush of energy. This is, ultimately, just some narcotic writing for me, after all. An outlet. Often it's not even that.

Medical appointments for my wife have shuffled and rolled through the week so far, and Thursday they're potentially lengthy enough and placed to start inconveniently enough in the middle of the morning that I'll be taking the day off work. This'll mean a long day in the lab Wednesday, clearing my workload. I also have a Legends zine to wrap up by late in the weekend, so we'll see. Any entries here over the next few days will likely be light, though there's nothing like items I'm supposed to be working on to drive me towards spending time on other things. I'm a procrastinator, tried and true, and I'll do my yell for you... later.

Continued thanks to Tammy, Abbygal and CryptLeak for various, entertaining links showing up in my email. I may yet be tapping some of them for here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes