Sunset for the Budget M

Looking vaguely shapeless and froglike in the shot above, inviting inclusion as a character in something from the final decades of Jack Kirby or maybe something by Keith Giffen, Ron Popeil cashed in by selling his company back in August.
Here's a retrospective and click-through slide show of the man's 40+ years of gadgeteering and huckstering. Relive the glory days of the Dial-O-matic, Mr. Microphone and the inside-the-shell egg scrambler! (Thanks to Tropical Storm Tammy for this alert.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry, Mike, but my favorite will always be the pocket fisherman. I can't remember all the jokes we made about that one as kids....but I'm grinning thinking about some of them. And I still chuckle thinking of Dan Ackroyd doing the Bass-O-Matic bit on SNL. Ahhh, my youth was squandered....
Anonymous said…
The Pocket Fisherman is not only a very cool item, it can be used for a purpose I'll bet Ron never thought of:

The Pocket Fisherman is a kick-ass cat toy.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes