Is there an Ultimates pre-release event near you?


(I left out "And do you care?" because I can't answer that part below.)

An expanded list of venues holding sealed booster tournaments for the new Ultimates set on June 19th or 20th has been posted by Wizkids. This will be the only place outside of a comics convention to pick up three boosters from this set prior to the June 30th release date. Events are being held in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indianda, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington and up in Ontario and Alberta.

Of course, one can't just walk in on that date and buy three boosters. One has to sign up for the event in each location, the three boosters will then be opened at the time a starting signal given, and a 300 pt team constructed using some or all of what one pulls. If you go here you can sign up if you haven't already gotten a player number, then log in and locate an event near you to sign up for. (Note: A quick check of the local listings on Wizkids own site - if I click on "In my area" - doesn't show the local even this weekend, so it may be necessary to go back to the list I gave earlier and follow the link or email from there.)

Am I going to? I haven't decided yet. With only one of these events in the region it's likely to be packed, and I'd be buying the boosters (presumably) at the full retail of $7.99 ea + PA tax (6%), but on the other hand it's a novelty and I might have the time for it this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes