Hoard, Crack or Sell?

Sure, it figures that I break nearly a week of morose and busy silence with something utterly trivial, but we take what we can get.

Son Nick and I went out, acting on bad info concerning a game release (it's been put off until the middle of next week) and while in Game Stop I spotted two boosters of Heroclix Legacy hanging on a peg. Keep in mind this is the set that was apparently so under-produced that it sold out at Wizkids level and many of the secondary suppliers in less than a month. Special marquee events - standard operating procedure for a new set - were left with little product to run them, resulting in many either having to limit participation or cancel. (All pretty much as I belabored at the start of the month.) No one else around here has appeared to have any left, so I picked them up because the opportunity was there.

Now, were I to open them up there's most likely nothing special in them, and even closer to certain is that there is nothing in there I'm missing -- the Wonder Woman unique and a handful of the super rares are all I didn't pull. On the other hand, if I sell them on eBay, unless at least one of the two contains something special, I could be courting a neutral or even negative feedback from someone who will think the boosters were tampered with. The erratic way many of the boosters were packed -- I can even see the little numbered case ID slips stuck just under the top flaps -- anyone with a paranoid turn of mind will see "signs" of tampering. Even if not, there's still the question of "cherry picking" of a case, especially for a set like this where so many of the special pieces were clustered within most of the cases people reported on.

At the moment, anyway, while the price of sealed cases of Legacy are showing the steep increase - selling for $100 or more above the price of a usual case online - loose boosters have yet to see much if any increase... largely due to the often justified suspicions above.

With the idea in mind that I can always open or sell them later, I'm going to put them away for now and see how long I resist the urge to just open them. I suspect that's what I'll do in the end, fly or fall with chance, but I'll keep the options open for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need