So, Cap. Where are you?

Above is a shot from an early flier from GAMA back in April. A piece I was looking forward to, as it appeared to be a WWII-era, mainstream Captain America.

Then we hit this weekend, with pics of pieces we're told were pulled from boosters, including this short bus, WWII-era, Ultimates Cap...

... which looks like a fan-made mod I'd be embarrassed to display were it my work.

So... is the obviously better, earlier one a mistake -- something they decided to save for a later set? Is it - perhaps worst of all - part of a set of chase figures? The high quality of the sculpt up top would support it being a chase-level piece. ::sigh::

Chase figures in Avengers could be a breaker for me, especially ones such as this. I could conceivably drop the game after getting what I've already committed to for this set.

As with everything else in clix, we'll see when we actually get to see.

I know it's all a silly little hobby, but it's unfortunate to feel that someone seems to live to get me interested and even a little excited so that kicking me in the teeth is all the more fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes