Convention Time!

Today, the ever-affable Eric G. and I will be headed into Philly for this year's Wizard World event, a comics, gaming and entertainment convention we've managed to hit together every year back through 2004, making this the sixth for us to hit together. As I've often noted in various places over the years, these events require good traveling companions to really enjoy them, and Eric's a fine choice.

Sometime later this weekend I'll aim to add a proper post (or two or three) about it - I've let that part slide most years, but I don't want to this time.

Being held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in the heart of Philadelphia, excellently positioned with respect to train stations - I all but refuse to drive within the city limits of Philadelphia or any other major city - and, aside from a variety of restaurants and pubs in the immediate area, it's two minutes walk from the Reading Terminal Market.

The Market has an international array of restaurants in a mart setting. Believe me, having been stuck in the armpit that is Rosemont, Illinois, where Wizard has been holding the Chicago comic convention for years, I absolutely appreciate having a convention in the thick of a city (as opposed to a business park on the outskirts), with many options of where to quickly step out for something to eat or drink or even just to have a look around. One absolutely does not want to be at the mercy of a convention center's concessionaires with their so-so to poor quality and stroke-inducing prices. If one's come to a major city it shouldn't be necessary to drive to a decent place to eat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes

The Tease of Things I Don't Need