Merry Christmas, all!

Never in 14 years as a parent have I gotten within a day or two of Christmas as ill-prepared as I was this year, but I seem to have made up much of the lost ground. Still, there's wrapping to do yet tonight, and a communications problem's resulted in a key element needed to make a couple of the gifts truly functional isn't here yet... but we'll muddle through.

I'm not planning on stirring from here for the next few days, and that's a good thing in more ways than one. This cold's moved into my chest, making me feel as if I'm operating on one lung. This gives me a valid pass to going to the in-laws on Sunday (the last thing they need there is someone passing this on) so I suspect I'm going to be doing a lot of reading and napping. I need to shake this, and do it as pleasantly and quickly as possible. I want to enjoy this patch of holiday. Aside from a half-day planned for Wednesday (I'll need to do the calcs and a report for one "rush" project, along with moving a few other items along) I won't be back in work until Monday Jan. 3rd. I want to enjoy it, not spend it feeling as if I need an oxygen tent.

One friend sent me an interesting assortment of Western-themes comics and in a separate pack a couple clix I was missing (a vet Killer Frost and a black-suited Wolvering unique from the first Heroclix set), while another friend, someone I've only gotten to know in 2004 (and one of the high points of an otherwise wearing year) went overboard and sent me far too much of a gift card for Panera Bread, which will undoubtedly prove dangerously handy as there's one less than 2 minutes walk from my office. It was completely unexpected and makes me feel terrible for only having gotten a card off to her in the season's rush.

Indeed, I only sent two (hasty) gift packs out in the mail this year. I know the one sent to Chicago arrived today, but I don't know if the one sent to Florida made it on time. In time, all will be revealed.

Now... I have to start getting the ducks in a row for the wrapping. Half the household's already asleep, though half of that half is the wrong quarter. Heh.

If nothing else, I need a Coke refill.

I hope you're all safe, warm and well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes