What's up?


Not me. A headcold that won't give up continues to dog me. I don't have/haven't taken the time to attempt to sleep it off, so I continue to medicate myself and plod on. Work deadlines have to be taken care of, especially if I'm to get the holiday break I have planned.

The weekend did see me keep Legends on schedule. Deadline was Saturday and the mailing went out Monday. Nothing else has gotten out, though, including a small box of some promised clix that will be headed for H - not part of a trade, but just part of a "you're looking for these? I have extra" exchange. He sent me some I was missing the week before last. Packages, holiday or otherwise (aside from the APA mailing) won't be going out until tomorrow, so we'll see how well the Priority Mail shipping does this time of year.

Addition: I did want to note that I made the time on Sunday to play in a Heroclix marquee event for last month's Mutant Mayhem. I did very well in my first two matches, fielding a luck of the draw team of vet Wonderman, unique Mimic, exp. Vanisher, and rookies Havok and Skullbuster -- a 299 pt team. The third match saw me up against a team with too much going for it: Hypersonic Speed, Perplex, Probability Control, Telekinesis, along with solid damage-dealing pieces, all in the hands of a very experienced player. I'd faced some of the above (everyone but me seemed to be pulling Northstar along with a figure with Perplex to increase his Damage - that was a constant on all three teams I faced) in the other matches, but not along with both TK and solid ranged damage-dealers. I could have -- should have in terms of a tournament -- played a more defensive game, but instead I had them go in for an attack and had their heads handed to me. Still, I did do well enough to get the second pick of the prizes and came away with a Clint Barton (a Hawkeye variant) LE, which is a fun, three-target Incapacitating piece that can see through Stealth, along with still being a solid damage-dealer. All in all it was a good time and I did well, especially for someone who hadn't played a game in four months.

Time to kick into the work day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes