Shibboleth

One of Tony Collett's posts today was the result of a new online quiz to determine a best-fit belief match with established religions. Reminding me of the Kuder occupational interest survey they gave us back in high school (when the intent was to give us a similar, best-fit interest match with a career), we're required to react to each statement with either a Disagree, Agree, or three shades in between. Whenever I reached a statement which I found to be fundamentally flawed (the statement presumed a divine intent or station in life for someone as a basis for the question), or the question struck me as an irrelevant, unimportant issue, I stuck to the indifferent, middle space.

The results weren/t much of a surprise, though it's easy to see how one or two minor shifts in my answers would have yielded some strong changes.

I tried to do as Tony did and use the code the site generated to display the results, but the code it generated kept being identified by Blogger as "broken" and it wouldn't allow me to publish it. (I suspect the problem is Blogger's and not the code, but I get what I pay for.) It was easier to just set something up quickly which still uses the text they generated:

You scored as agnosticism. You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof).

Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism 88%
atheism 79%
Satanism 71%
Islam 67%
Paganism 54%
Judaism 50%
Buddhism 50%
Hinduism 46%
Christianity 25%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes