Weekend

A trip to visit and have lunch with the in-laws on Saturday, and an early birthday celebration for Nick (who'll turn 13 on June 1st) on Sunday. Aside from that, there's plenty of housework that needs to be done, one or two sessions in work to clear out a forgotten mess that surfaced from the mists on Friday morning, work on my Legends zine for the June issue, and if something arrives in the mail Saturday (which should have been here today) I'll have a fun project to work on in there, too. More on that once it's a reality and after I spring the final product on a couple people. This will probably mean a few, cryptic "it arrived" and "work's going well on..." messages in-between, but that's the way of things. Beyond that, plenty of reading to catch up on.

Next week will technically be a short work week. Even though I'll be in work for at least part of Monday, no one else should be so it'll be peaceful. If I can go in, put on some music and concentrate, maybe I can clear out what I need to do within four or five hours.

At the other end of the week is Wizard World East, the comics convention that's being held in Philadelphia. Fellow comics fan and pleasant fellow Eric G. (an amazingly affable guy for someone who listens to Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly) and I will be headed in on Friday and at least one of the two other days. Some aspects of the convention's programming are still in flux, so we'll see which of the other days has the most features we'll want to take in. We have 3-day tickets, but that's in part for flexibility's sake, and because a 3-day ticket is less expensive than buying tickets for two, individual days. At the moment I'm rooting for making it a Friday & Saturday affair, as Saturday's more wide open for me and I'd prefer not to have to do a lot of running around on a Sunday. Besides, knowing how my work weeks generally go - especially when I'm fighting to keep a day off clear enough to take - I suspect I'll be needing that Sunday to finalize my Legends zine so I can get it out in a Priority pack on the 6th.

I'll try to make the best use of my new Samsung camera phone rather than lugging around my battery-devouring monster of a camera.

Time to switch a load of laundry over to the dryer and start a new one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes