A Call Goes Out For...

...The Mighty Heroes!

You can thank (or blame) Tony Collett for inspiring this one by reminding me of fondly remembered cartoon from 1966.

Hey, I was five years old, and Ralph Bakshi was already pushing a psychedelic experience on me.

Running roughly 7 minutes each, they were stand-alone cartoons I hadn't seen in many years. Simple and formulaic, they're best viewed by pre-schoolers, the inebriated and/or through a heavy cheesecloth of nostalgia. Given the quality of these videos it sometimes looks as if it's being viewed through some kind of cloth, but, hey, free is free.

What stuck with me most was both the opening theme and the klak-klak-klak percussion and organ music once each episode's bad guy was on the move or otherwise had the upper hand.

Here, courtesy of some fellow fans I'm supposing, are two episodes. This first one is the first of the 21 episodes they produced: The Plastic Blaster.


...and then is episode 7: The Monsterizer.



If I come across more I'll likely add them to this chain.

Looking around, I see repeated references to a 1988 New Adventures of Mighty Mouse episode where the Mighty Heroes re-emerged as accountants working for the firm Man, Man, Man, Man & Man, but not a specific episode reference.

Tags:

Comments

I watched re-runs of these in the early seventies! Wow! I have forgotten totally until this post of yours!
Mike Norton said…
They're formulaic and silly, as mentioned, but nostalgia has its own charms. Also, the Ralph Bakshi connection was something I certainly wasn't aware of back when I saw them as a child. Knowing that he went on to so many "adult" projects adds an extra twist to these.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes