Sorry, Hanukka Harry...

...but Wal-Mart's reviving Bill O'Reilly's petty crusade, so it'll be no more "Happy Holidays!" this year, but instead they'll be pushing "Merry Christmas!", and the decorations department will be changed to "The Christmas Shop."

So, if you want to have a little fun, swing by a Wal-Mart and see if the greeter says "Merry Christmas!" If so, and you didn't want to shop there anyway, try to look disgusted and pretend you're Jewish, Muslim, Jehovah's Witness or someone else for whom it isn't appropriate.

Seriously, it's no big deal to me either way. I enjoy a happy, secular Christmas and never begrudge anyone else having their religious observation. After all, the Christians hijacked the holiday anyway. I'm much more interested in the tone of the holiday greetings. Happiness and good cheer transcend all national, ethnic and religious boundaries, and like any fine people who decide to say a prayer for me there's nothing in it for me to begrudge. I'm just amused by both the militant attitudes and the spirit - Capitalism - it's being mandated by in this instance.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes