It's Thanksgiving!

Surprise!

Didn't you wonder why the house smells so good today?

(If it doesn't, then go with the "My house has no nose!" joke...)

(I've removed some of the formatting for this entry because Blogger keeps giving me a "Not Found" error when I click on "More?" Apologies for having this take up so much of the page scroll.)

We appear to be on target for dinner in the middle of the day, right at noon, leaving ample time for relaxed seconds, thirds and whatever naps as might be required along the way. I have an errand or two in the morning, but then I expect to be in until at least Friday after that.

The morning's going to be busy enough, so now that I'm still awake, all the prep that's to be made for the moment's been made, and the turkey's cooking, I thought I'd get this posted.

Yes, this year it's a T-Day just for the nuclear family, so no traveling and/or relatives to deal with for us.

R-E-L-A-X is to be the whole of the law today.

If you're not so fortunate as to get to stay home and make a peaceful day of it, be sure to keep your wits about you and always be aware of your surroundings.

Sometimes subtle hints in unfamiliar places can be lifesavers. Just because they're "family" doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

It you're being drawn out to some new place, be careful who you find yourself traveling with.

Don't be lulled into complacency and a sense of innate safety by a parade of people in uniform. At times it's vitally important you notice what sort of uniform they're wearing.

Again, this can spare you some grief and save your giblets.

Some ideas concerning the practice of "stuffing" may vary radically with locale and culture.

I'm not sure where PETA would rule on this relationship. I suppose they'd be divided based on how consensual they believed it was.

This at least explains that odd smile on Uncle Bob's face around this time of year, along with all those "early Christmas goose" jokes he makes and giggles about as he starts getting a few more beers in him.

While not directly connected to Thanksgiving, the following public service announcement could prove very important, especially if one's dealing with cruel twists of the timing of the Fates. While none of them will be on in my home, I know that Thanksgiving is a big day for football games, and too much focus on them could leave you open to tragedy.


Obviously I'm tapped out today, but thanks to Crypt Leak for sending me links to the still shots late Wednesday night.

Tags:

Comments

Anonymous said…
While I don't completely "get" that video clip, I find myself compelled to forward it to a few friends. Perhaps they can explain it to me.

Hmmm, I could SWEAR I hear the sounds of football here in my house...
Mike Norton said…
Ha! I spotted that one by chance and decided it was enough of a holiday tie-in to make it. Fortunately it's not something I've had much experience with.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tease of Things I Don't Need

Oct.13-19 - More Returns and Changes